Friday, July 13, 2012

Oz, the Great and Powerful

I realize this has nothing to do with OUAT, but I saw this trailer today and thought it was worth posting. 

http://disney.go.com/thewizard/

Already, I've seen people posting their views, some good, some bad, but I have to say, I think it looks awesome (I had to refrain from using the word, "wonderful").  Some are comparing it to the recent "Alice in Wonderland," but I don't think it looks at all like AiW.  It has the feel of what movies used to be:  Larger than life.  I don't actually see many movies in the theater, but this is one I'd really like to see. 

To me, it has the feeling of the "Harry Potter" films, where as soon as you hear those first few notes of music, it tingles your spine and you can't wait to see more.  And hey, who doesn't like James Franco?  The one issue I do have with it is the release date:  March 3, 2013.  Almost a year away!  I think they may have released the trailer prematurely.  I think they expect the public to anticipate the release of the film, but I think there's a good chance that people will tire of the waiting and become bored with it.  Anticipation is good, but eight months is a long time to anticipate a film opening.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. What do you think will happen next in the worlds of Storybrooke and Fairy Tale?